Last night when Dom got home, he was able to cut the new sheet rock, put in the insulation and start the first coat of wall compound.
Today I finished up the wall. In the pictures below, I only got pictures with the first layer of compound…however three layers were applied, each one sponged and sanded and finally priming the wall and adding texture. I know that technically I should have waited to actually prime the wall, but we REALLY need to do some laundry soon! I’ll have to just be really careful tomorrow when I finish up the painting in that area.

Next up is putting the final coat of paint on the cabinets, painting three of the walls the new white color and finally tomorrow, painting the rest of the blue wall and installing the base trim.