- 2 Golden Plum trees
- 2 Stella Cherry trees
- 7 Cranberry bushes
- 1 Bruce Plum
- Landino clover
- 32 Cantaloupe
- 30 Armenian cucumber
- 42 Pickling peppers
- 12 Italian pepperoncini
- 72 Sweet Margoram
- 72 Russian tarragon
- 24 Violet French artichokes
- 72 Purple basil
- 12 Ghost hot pepper
- 42 Cayenne pepper
- 18 OrangeGlo watermelon
- 12 Scotch Bonnet hot pepper
- 6 Craig’s Jalapeno grande
- 18 Goat Horn hot pepper
- 144 Fennel Di Ferenze
- 144 Cauliflower
- 18 White wonder watermelon
- 24 Prescott fond Blanc melon
- 24 Jaune Gros De Paris (100 lb edible pumpkins)
Gina helped me plant everything this week.
Harvest Something: 55 eggs
Preserve Something: We preserved 11 eggs in the new incubator.
Waste Not: Laid lots of left over news paper in the garden as a weed barrier.
Want Not: Our incubator arrived on Thursday and after labeling each fertile egg, we put nine duck eggs and two chicken eggs into the incubator. Each day we’ll add a few more until the incubator is filled. Each egg is labeled with two dates:
- date put into the incubator
- date when eggs should hatch
Also, all the weeper hoses arrived this week so I won’t be outside watering for hours each day. In the beginning, I’ll need to be out there, but when things get established, the weeper hoses will do their job.
Build Community Food Systems:
Gave lots of food to my two oldest daughters. Also gave seeds and plants to them. Gina learned how to start seeds and this next week our business will be official and we can start selling eggs, and other foods.
Skill Up: Learned how to put the incubator together (super easy) and watched videos on how to hatch eggs.
Organize: I wrote the Independence Days Challenge each day as the post draft so I could post it on Friday morning…it worked out well.
Dom and I also are organizing our work days better. Usually its an all or nothing kind of day, and now we’ll be splitting each work day into four categories:
- Regular routine of caring for the animals and greenhouse happens very early in the morning
- When its still cool outside we’ll be doing heavy labor work
- A few hours are spent concentrating on interior work
- Back to the garden or other work that needs to be done outside
I thought I might add this video I took of my son Noah playing guitar for the talent show at his school yesterday.